[sci.electronics] Tiny oscilloscope tubes?

haynes@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (99700000) (09/26/88)

Used to have an old AM transmitter that used a one-inch oscilloscope
tube for a modulation monitor.  Believe it was type 913, or maybe it
was 931.  I would like to have something like this nowadays; wonder
if anybody knows whether such things still exist and where to get them.
haynes@ucscc.ucsc.edu
haynes@ucscc.bitnet
..ucbvax!ucscc!haynes

"Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an Art."
        Charles McCabe, San Francisco Chronicle

phd@speech1.cs.cmu.edu (Paul Dietz) (09/27/88)

In article <4935@saturn.ucsc.edu> haynes@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (Jim Haynes) writes:
>Used to have an old AM transmitter that used a one-inch oscilloscope
>tube for a modulation monitor.  Believe it was type 913, or maybe it
>was 931.  I would like to have something like this nowadays; wonder
>if anybody knows whether such things still exist and where to get them.

A couple of years ago, many of the electronic junk stores in the
San Fran. area were selling old Sony viewfinders. These are
1" monitors that take a standard video signal, and run off
a nine volt battery at about 100ma! Neat toy. Mine cost about $17.
The only catch is that the picture is inverted. Anyhow, I'm
sure it would be easy to use these for your purposes...

Paul H. Dietz                                        ____          ____
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering        / oo \        <_<\\\
Carnegie Mellon University                        /|  \/  |\        \\ \\
"If God had meant for penguins to fly,             -->--<--        / / |\\\  /
he would have given them wings."            _________^__^_________/ / / \\\\-