[sci.electronics] Help! Sources needed for remote control IC's.

gulla@sun.soe (Jerry Gulla) (10/01/88)

A friend of mine is working on a remote control project for his EE
senior lab.  He doesn't have access to the net, so I'm posting this
request for him.  He wants to use the TI SN76832 and SN76881
receiver/transmitter chips.  They are used for the design of receiver
and transmitter systems (obviously) and are capable of highly relaible
remote control functions for ranges of up to 50ft.  I suspect these (or
similar products) are used in many remote control applications.  He can
get the tech. data from the IC Master, but his main question is, where
can he buy the parts?  I presume he's looked in a catalog or two, but
without much luck.  Any suggestions?  It would probably be best to
E-Mail responses, as I don't think the net would be interested.  Thanks
in advance!

Jerry Gulla

--

Internet: gulla@sun.soe.clarkson.edu  or:   gulla@clutx.clarkson.edu
BITNET:   gulla@CLUTX.BITNET          uucp: {rpics, gould}!clutx!gulla

steve@ivucsb.UUCP (Steve Lemke <steve>) (10/05/88)

In article <1425@sun.soe> gulla@sun.soe (Jerry Gulla) writes:
>A friend of mine is working on a remote control project for his EE
>senior lab...
>...He wants to use the TI SN76832 and SN76881 receiver/transmitter chips.
>...his main question is, where can he buy the parts?

Did he ever think of contacting Texas Instruments themselves?  He should be
able to contact a sales office somewhere (phone numbers are listed in some
parts catalogs, or someone at school might even have contacts with the folks
at TI).  Anyway, if it is for a senior project, they may be able to get him
free samples.  My roommate is working on a masters thesis, and he's been able
to get several (major) parts at little or no charge.  It's certainly worth
a try!

----- Steve Lemke ------------------- "MS-DOS (OS/2, etc.) - just say no!"
----- Internet: steve@ivucsb.UUCP; lemke@apple.COM   AppleLink:  LEMKE
----- uucp:     pyramid!comdesign!ivucsb!steve       CompuServe: 73627,570