[sci.electronics] X10 Minicontroller on sale at Rip Shack for $5.00

petel@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM (Pete Lancashire) (09/30/88)

Just a note, the X10 Minicontroller and other some other X10 items are
one sale at Radio Shack. The best buy is the Minicontroller for $4.95US.

Also have the wall switch for $10.00US, the Duplex for $13.00US, etc.

I will post soon how to get the Minicontroller to do all codes and how
to use it as a 'dry-contact' transmitter.

-pete

Pete Lancashire
petel@teksce.sce.tek
...!tektronix!tekgen!teksce!petel

oawx@vax5.CCS.CORNELL.EDU (10/16/88)

In article <1740@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM> petel@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM (Pete Lancashire) writes:
>Just a note, the X10 Minicontroller and other some other X10 items are
>one sale at Radio Shack. The best buy is the Minicontroller for $4.95US.
>
>Also have the wall switch for $10.00US, the Duplex for $13.00US, etc.

Yea, best deal on the controller.  But I bought two of the wall
switches and they have a very large voltage drop across them.  (A
noticeable increase in bulb brightness when the unit is shunted.)
So take heed before loading up on those...