[sci.electronics] For sale: Sony ICF 2002

macleod@drivax.UUCP (MacLeod) (10/25/88)

I have a fine Sony ICF 2002 radio for sale.  This is the successor to the
2001, which started a line of PLL-based portables.

The ICF 2002 uses digital PLL tuning, has scanning, and receives 150Hz-30MHz,
and the FM bands 76MHz-108MHz.  Here on the west coast I can get a number of
English-language broadcasts very reliably - Radio Moscow, the BBC, Radio
Canada, Deuche Welle, Radio Nederland, Radio Australia, NHK, and so on.

I have the operating manual and the cloth cover for it, and I may be able
to scrounge up the antenna that came with it.  The only problem the radio
has is an intermittant headphone jack; sometimes you have to jiggle it to
get the sound through the speaker, or through the headphone.

New the radio sells for about $225.  I'd like to get $100 for it.

Michael Sloan MacLeod  (amdahl!drivax!macleod)

michiel@cadlab1.UUCP (b) (10/26/88)

In article <3914@drivax.UUCP> macleod@drivax.UUCP (MacLeod) writes:
>I have a fine Sony ICF 2002 radio for sale.  This is the successor to the
>Michael Sloan MacLeod  (amdahl!drivax!macleod)
Sounds nice, but I don't see why this message got relayed over to this side
of the ocean. On posting an article please also fill in the distribution and
don't just give an enter on the default.

michiel