[sci.electronics] books on an optical disk

rtw@lzfmd.att.com (Rich Wurth) (11/30/88)

In article <8544@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu>, wetter@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (Pierce T. Wetter) writes:
> > o	Parts catalogs (take a look at them in an auto supply house, or
> > 	in an EE house).
> >
>     Even better, how about a complete set of data books. Lets see, I need a
> transistor with the following paramters (blah), Digital Librarian says that
> the Motorola xxxxx, the RCA yyyyy, and the National zzzzz will do the job.
>
>   That in itself would make the next box worth the money for many companies,
>
> Note to Motorola: YOU DON"T NEED A NeXT BOX TO DO THIS, any optical drive
> will do. Start this project now! (However, if you do use the next box you can
> transfer all the spiffy graphs and pictures too.)
>
> Pierce
> --
> You can flame or laud me at:
> wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu or wetter@csvax.caltech.edu or pwetter@caltech.bitnet

They (MOTOROLA) already have a floppy disk for PC-compatibles called
``SPECS IN SECS.''  I got mine unsolicited in the mail a couple of
months ago.  I only glanced at it briefly enough to note that it covers
discretes only, whereas my interests lie almost exclusively in digital
logic parts.  It does support some amount of searching by family/by
parameter/by part number/etc. but I don't recall specifics.

I think it would be great if they expanded it to include digital logic.
(Now, how fast is this MC10H116, anyway?  Could you hand me that brown
book on the bookshelf?  :-)  )

(I added sci.electronics to the newsgroups, and directed followups
there.)

	R. T. Wurth / lzfmd!rtw OR rtw@lzfmd.ATT.COM
	AT&T-Bell Labs / LZ 1H-303 / 201 576 6332
	307 Middletown-Lincroft Rd. / Lincroft, NJ  07738

In article <938@lzfmd.att.com> rtw@lzfmd.att.com (Rich Wurth) writes:
>I think it would be great if they expanded it to include digital logic.
>(Now, how fast is this MC10H116, anyway?  Could you hand me that brown
>book on the bookshelf?  :-)  )

Ha ha, good luck, the brown book isn't going to tell you either!  Unless
the 10KH datasheets are a whole lot better than the worthless junk that
passed for 10K datasheets last time I looked...  I'm really not impressed
by a so-called datasheet that doesn't even give the minimum pulse width
for a clock input.  Especially when Fairchild's 100K datasheets are models
of clarity and high information content.
--
SunOSish, adj:  requiring      |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
32-bit bug numbers.            | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu