[sci.electronics] Video frame grabbers

welch@cg-atla.UUCP (John Welch) (12/14/88)

Does anyone know of a convenient way to remove the sync pulses from
a NTSC video signal?

I designing a video frame grabber and am having a problem removing
the sync pulses from the video signals.  I have DC restored the blank
level of the signal to ground and need to remove the sync pulses
before I digitize the signal.

                 \                           /
          VIDEO    \                       /      VIDEO
                    \                    /
                     |                   |  <------ black level
                     |                   |
                     | _______     ______| <------ blank level
                              |    |
                              |    |
                              |____| <------ SYNC tip

The Micropower ADC I am using does not like any input values below
ground.

Any help or information I get would be greatly appreciated.

Please try to e-mail any responses. I will summarize if warranted.

Thanks.

John E. Welch
Compugraphic Corp.
200 Ballardvale St.
Wilmington Ma, 01887

(508) 658 5600 x7017

..!ulowell!
            >cg-atla!welch
...!decvax!

coltoff@PRC.Unisys.COM (Joel Coltoff) (12/19/88)

In article <6321@cg-atla.UUCP> welch@cg-atla.UUCP (John Welch) writes:

>Does anyone know of a convenient way to remove the sync pulses from
>a NTSC video signal?

I don't have my National Semi data books in this office but if
memory serves me correctly you can use the LM1881 to do this
for you. It hook in real easily and gives you what you want.
--
	- Joel
		{psuvax1,sdcrdcf}!burdvax!coltoff	(UUCP)