[sci.electronics] free fft software--tested and verified for the DSP56001 chip

bryant@oakhill.UUCP (Bryant Wilder) (12/24/88)

michael n. moran(dlmnm@dcatla) writes:

>I'm looking for some C or assembler source code example of
>an FFT.

>I am relatively unfamiliar with FFT's, but I wish
>to examine the frequency content of some 8-bit sampled
>data. Therefore, it would be nice if the examples worked
>with integer data rather than floating point for simplicity
>as well as speed, but any help or examples will be
>greatly appreciated.

>   mike

on the motorola dsp bulletin board, Dr. BuB (phone: (512) 891-3771 ), you
can find a large number of fft assembly routines for the dsp56001 chip.  you
will also find test software so you can verify the various ffts.  also there
are help files for each fft routine to describe what is actually taking place
in the software.  you can download all this software/text with kermit, xmodem,
etc.  to access Dr. BuB set your character format to 7 data, even parity,
1 stop bit.  when you see "Dr. BuB login:"  on your screen, just type "guest"
followed by a carriage return.  in addition to fft software there is a host of
other dsp56001 freeware on Dr. BuB which addresses other algorithms, e.g.,
iir filters, reed-solomon coding, lattice filters, speech, etc., etc.

bryant wilder
motorola dsp operation in austin, texas