[sci.electronics] Making model rocket engines. ---> Don't!

logajan@ns.UUCP (John Logajan x3118) (01/04/89)

barry ornitz writes:
> Scientific knowledge and recipe books for bombs are two entirely
> different things.

My point exactly.  When you suppress the first, you insure the second.

Thanks to Dale.Amon and Tom Neff for the Loompanics address.
For one of the best catalogs of books containing information that it is
"irresponsible" to know, write to:

Loompanics Unlimited
PO Box 1197
Port Townsend, WA 98368

I recommend this company very highly.

P.S.  Non-United States customers might or might not receive their purchases
depending upon the "Knowledge IS Irresonsible mentality" of their governments.
--
- John M. Logajan @ Network Systems; 7600 Boone Ave; Brooklyn Park, MN 55428  -
- ...rutgers!umn-cs!ns!logajan / logajan@ns.network.com / john@logajan.mn.org -

w-colinp@microsoft.UUCP (Colin Plumb) (01/04/89)

In article <1052@ns.UUCP> logajan@ns.UUCP (John Logajan x3118) writes:
>barry ornitz writes:
>> Scientific knowledge and recipe books for bombs are two entirely
>> different things.
>
>My point exactly.  When you suppress the first, you insure the second.

The point is that it's impossible to suppress all knowledge, and a little
knowledge is a dangerous thing...

If I'm playing with explosives recipies, and my first 12 attempts fizzle,
I may not be cautious enough on the 13th...  If I know what makes a good
explosive, I can do more trial with less error.
--
	-Colin (uunet!microsof!w-colinp)