[sci.electronics] Ammonium Triodide

john@stiatl.UUCP (John DeArmond) (01/08/89)

In article <683@eplunix.UUCP> raoul@eplunix.UUCP (Otero) writes:
>In article <368@avsd.UUCP>, childers@avsd.UUCP (Richard Childers) writes:
>> Interestingly enough, my brother tells me this is a very popular gag at
>> MIT, except there they put it under toilet seats ...
>
>NO! NO! NO! I've been at MIT around 8 years now: nobody but an
>uneducated freshman from Harvard would do something so silly and
>dangerous. To get enough to produce an appreciable effect, you
>have to put, say, an ounce of the precipitate under the seat.

An OUNCE ????  Are you kidding??  An ounce would blow the whole
stall down.  I take it you've never made or used ammonium triodide.
It works much better painted as a film on a doorknob but a few swipes
of slurry on a toilet seat should be a blast.

My favorite toilet trick used to be to take some metallic potassium
and (with rubber gloves) stick it under the rim of a toilet.  A
real blast !!!  Especially in the womens' bathroom with flush-while-
sitting users.  I can still see the girl running out of the bathroom
with her panties around her ankles and smoke comming out from
under her dress  :-)

john

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC                     | "I can't drive 85!"
Sales Technologies, Inc.    Atlanta, GA    | Sammy Hagar driving

rsd@sei.cmu.edu (Richard S D'Ippolito) (01/10/89)

In article <2545@stiatl.UUCP> john@stiatl.UUCP (John DeArmond) writes:

[trick deleted]

>A real blast !!!  Especially in the womens' bathroom with flush-while-
>sitting users.  I can still see the girl running out of the bathroom
>with her panties around her ankles and smoke comming out from
>under her dress  :-)

Can you see a lawsuit coming?

Rich

You can lead a horse to water,                              RSD@sei.cmu.edu
but you can't make him fish.

phillip@bartal.CRLABS.COM (Phillip M. Vogel) (01/10/89)

In article <8146@aw.sei.cmu.edu> rsd@ae.sei.cmu.edu.UUCP (Rich D'Ippolito) writes:
>In article <2545@stiatl.UUCP> john@stiatl.UUCP (John DeArmond) writes:
>
>[trick deleted]
>
>[Bunch of crap deleted]
>Can you see a lawsuit coming?
>Rich

What in God's name does any of this have to do with sci.electronics?
We're in danger of losing our newsfeed, and we have to put up with this crap?
take it somewhere else, please.