[sci.electronics] Circuit Implementation in Academia

rrr@cup.portal.com (Roger Rock Rosner) (01/07/89)

I am interested in finding out what CAE tools are used for circuit
implementation in the academic universe.

o What package does the average grad student/researcher use?

o Are PCBs really all that popular in academia?  (I suspect more
  wire wrapping and protoboarding is used.)

Thanks, Roger

In article <13260@cup.portal.com> rrr@cup.portal.com (Roger Rock Rosner) writes:
>o Are PCBs really all that popular in academia?  (I suspect more
>  wire wrapping and protoboarding is used.)

Not to be cynical or anything, but wire-wrapping is popular anywhere where
you can find dirt-cheap labor.  Students, for example.  Wire-wrapping anything
complex yourself is for the birds unless you've got at least a semi-auto
wire-wrapping machine ($$$$).
--
"God willing, we will return." |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
-Eugene Cernan, the Moon, 1972 | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu