[sci.electronics] SCSI specifications

dem@larry.UUCP (Donald Michalski) (01/19/89)

With DEC now coming out with various desktop workstations that have
SCSI ports as standard interfaces, I would like to get the technical
specification on this interface so I can pass data from custom
instrumentation.  Can anyone tell me where I can get this
specification?

Don Michalski
dem@larry.sal.wisc.edu
University of Wisconsin
Space Astronomy Lab

jlohmeye@entec.Wichita.NCR.COM (John Lohmeyer) (01/26/89)

In article <494@larry.UUCP> dem@larry.UUCP (Donald Michalski) writes:

>...  Can anyone tell me where I can get this (SCSI)
>specification?

Yes, there are actually several SCSI standards (which are largely
compatible!).  The following information is from the SCSI BBS 316-636-8700:

---- clip here ----
                       How to Get SCSI Standards

This file has information on obtaining the various SCSI standards.

American National Standard (ANSI) for Small Computer System Interface
(SCSI), X3.131-1986.  This approved standard is available from:

     American National Standards Institute
     1430 Broadway
     New York, NY 10018
     Sales Department: (212) 642-4900

The price is $25.00 each for 1-9 copies.  Quantity discounts are
available.  If your company is a member of ANSI, you may also be
eligible for a discount.

The enhanced Small Computer System Interface (SCSI-2) is not an approved
standard.  It is a working document of the X3T9.2 Task Group that is
intended to revise and enhance X3.131-1986.  Copies of the most recent
version of this document can be obtained from:

     Global Engineering Documents
     2805 McGaw
     Irvine, CA 92714
     (714) 261-1455
     (800) 854-7179

Global has identified this document as X3.131-198X. (The latest revision is
Rev 7 with a date of 1/20/89)

The European Computer Manufacturers Association (ECMA) has also prepared
a standard on SCSI.  It is known as: Standard ECMA-111 and was published
in December 1985.  Free copies are available from:

     European Computer Manufacturers Association
     114 Rue du Rhone
     1204 Geneva (Switzerland)

(File HOW2GET.TXT last updated 1/25/89)
John Lohmeyer     j.lohmeyer@Wichita.NCR.COM