[sci.electronics] Need advice on car radio

bwf@ihuxz.ATT.COM (Fecht) (02/01/89)

I've got a '80 Fairmont with an AM/FM radio,
but the FM doesn't work.  Can anyone refer
me to good books on the subject of fixing
car radios, how I might get schematics this
things, or how I might otherwise fix this
thing?

Thanks

Bill Fecht

harmons@sting.gwd.tek.com (Harmon Sommer) (02/03/89)

In article <3942@ihuxz.ATT.COM> bwf@ihuxz.ATT.COM (Fecht) writes:

>car radios, how I might get schematics this
>things, or how I might otherwise fix this

Get in touch with a radio parts distributor and ask if they stock
"Sams photo facts". Sams has packets of schematics and troubleshooting
information for a variety of consumer electronic items.