[sci.electronics] What are good IC references?

dnelson@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Dru Nelson) (02/01/89)

I am a beginner in electronics and I would like to know what are
some good IC references?  I have seen the book 'The TTL Databook'
referenced in some old Byte articles, but it was dated 1975.  Is there
a newer edition of the book or is this one sufficient?  What is a good
book on CMOS IC's also.

Any help appreciated.

--
Dru Nelson                    UUCP: ....!uunet!gould!umbio!dnelson
Miami, Florida                 MCI: dnelson

payne@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Andrew Payne) (02/04/89)

In article <1344@umbio.MIAMI.EDU> dnelson@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Dru Nelson) writes:
>I am a beginner in electronics and I would like to know what are
>some good IC references?  I have seen the book 'The TTL Databook'

	For *reference* books, I think National Semiconductor has always
had some of the better ones in the industry.  They can be reached at:

	National Semiconductor
	2900 Semiconductor Drive
	P.O. Box 58090
	Santa Clara, CA 95052-8090
	(408) 721-5000

	They have a number for a recording about literature ordering info
(I've never called it): 408-749-7378

	The books you probably want are the "LS/S/TTL Databook" and the
"CMOS Logic Databook".

	I'm not associated an any way with National, just a (mostly)
satisfied customer,

--
Andrew C. Payne               UUCP:  ...!cornell!batcomputer!payne

hobbit@topaz.rutgers.edu (*Hobbit*) (02/05/89)

I got lots of neat info out of *my* 1975 TTL book!  Just cuz it's old,
doesn't mean it's useless.  Furthermore, you can pull a lot of TTL out
of old boards from about that era...

_H*