[sci.electronics] Digital Signal Processing

ugbell@sunybcs.uucp (William Bell) (02/13/89)

  I found an exellent book on the topic of DSP called:
"Digital Signal Processing", Alan V. Oppenheim (MIT)
and Ronald W. Schafer (GIT). by Prentice-Hall, Inc.
(c)1975. ISBN 0-13-214635-5.
   Anyone use this book before? ALso, thanks for the responses
for FIR filters.

In article <4152@cs.Buffalo.EDU>, ugbell@sunybcs.uucp (William Bell) writes:
>   I found an exellent book on the topic of DSP called:
> "Digital Signal Processing", Alan V. Oppenheim (MIT)
> and Ronald W. Schafer (GIT). by Prentice-Hall, Inc.
> (c)1975. ISBN 0-13-214635-5.
>    Anyone use this book before? ALso, thanks for the responses
> for FIR filters.

	I don't have that exact book, but I do have "Applications of Digital
Signal Processing" edited by Oppenheim, ISBN 0-13-039115-8, (c) 1978.  I
highly recommend this book as an adjunct to the one which you mention.

	I find it a well-written book which has some rather good real-world
examples of digital signal processing.  There is a well-written section
on digital signal processing of audio signals, which I have often thought
of excerpting here and there for the benefit of boneheads in wreck.audio;
however, so far I have not felt in the mood to again step in that particular
morass.  :-)

<>  Larry Lippman @ Recognition Research Corp., Clarence, New York
<>  UUCP:  {allegra|ames|boulder|decvax|rutgers|watmath}!sunybcs!kitty!larry
<>  VOICE: 716/688-1231          {att|hplabs|mtune|utzoo|uunet}!/
<>  FAX:   716/741-9635 {G1,G2,G3 modes}   "Have you hugged your cat today?"