[sci.electronics] When will PRO-2004 be on sale?

john@anasaz.UUCP (John Moore) (02/06/89)

I would like to acquire another PRO-2004. Does anyone know when they
will next go on sale at Rodeo Shack, and what the price will be?

Thanks - will post response if received by email

--
John Moore (NJ7E)           mcdphx!anasaz!john asuvax!anasaz!john
(602) 861-7607 (day or eve)

gordon@prls.UUCP (Gordon Vickers) (02/07/89)

In article <1554@anasaz.UUCP> john@anasaz.UUCP (John Moore) writes:
->I would like to acquire another PRO-2004. Does anyone know when they
->will next go on sale at Rodeo Shack, and what the price will be?
->
->Thanks - will post response if received by email
->--
->John Moore (NJ7E)           mcdphx!anasaz!john asuvax!anasaz!john

     I waited months for it to go on sale and it never did.  I finnally
 gave up and bought one two weeks ago, so it should go on sale any
 day now.  :-)

bks@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Brian K. Shiratsuki) (02/07/89)

In article <1554@anasaz.UUCP> john@anasaz.UUCP (John Moore) writes:
>I would like to acquire another PRO-2004. Does anyone know when they
>will next go on sale at Rodeo Shack, and what the price will be?

it probably won't go on sale.  if you can wait, apply for a radio
shack credit card.  don't use it (the rate on it is usurious,
anyway).  eventually, they get nervous and offer you a ten percent
discount on any purchase with the card.  use the card, pay it off
immediately, and wait for another good product and another coupon.

this also works for monkey wards and sears.

				brian

pgraham@wyse.wyse.com (PC-NFS Philip Graham x1124 #) (02/07/89)

I got my 2004 about a year ago when it was on sale then... It was on sale about one month after the 200 channel version. So they do go on sale.... So look for
the 2004 to go on sale in the next 2-3 months I would guess...

But I have been wrong before....

Phil KJ6NN

jim@ghp.UUCP (Jim Stewart) (02/07/89)

In article <1554@anasaz.UUCP> john@anasaz.UUCP (John Moore) writes:
>I would like to acquire another PRO-2004. Does anyone know when they
>will next go on sale at Rodeo Shack, and what the price will be?

They are on sale here in Canada.

Regular price	== $599 CDN
Sale price	== $479 CDN
--
Jim Stewart, VE3SRJ
UUCP:  {utzoo,uunet}!mnetor!ghp!jim

jim@mnetor.UUCP (Jim Stewart) (02/08/89)

In article <1554@anasaz.UUCP> john@anasaz.UUCP (John Moore) writes:
>I would like to acquire another PRO-2004. Does anyone know when they
>will next go on sale at Rodeo Shack, and what the price will be?

The PRO-2004 is on sale here in Canada during the month of February.

regular price	== $599 CDN
sale price	== $479 CDN

Note: it is on CLEARANCE!  Does anybody know the scoop on why?

(Ignore my posting from a different machine.
It is following me, I waited, but it took too long :-)
--
Jim Stewart, VE3SRJ			| Use 'HAMLICEN'
UUCP:  {utzoo,uunet}!mnetor!jim		| for the no-code

parnass@ihuxz.ATT.COM (Bob Parnass, AJ9S) (02/24/89)

In article <1554@anasaz.UUCP>, john@anasaz.UUCP (John Moore) writes:
> I would like to acquire another PRO-2004. Does anyone know when they
> will next go on sale at Rodeo Shack, and what the price will be?

I have heard from two different Radio Shack sources that the
PRO-2004 will be on sale for about $300 at the end of March.

Purportedly, it will be listed as a "sold out when gone" item,
but nobody seems to be talking about a successor model.

Bob Parnass AJ9S,  AT&T Bell Laboratories  -  att!ihuxz!parnass - (312)979-5414