[sci.electronics] Digital Audio CD format

reha@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu (Reha Elci) (03/21/89)

 Can anybody suggest a good source for the explanation of the format of the
data for a standard music CD? I have been looking for such a book in the
local bookstores but there doesn't seem to be any. Thanks.

Reha Elci

jim@mnetor.UUCP (Jim Stewart) (03/22/89)

Reha Elci writes:

> Can anybody suggest a good source for the explanation of the format of the
>data for a standard music CD? I have been looking for such a book in the
>local bookstores but there doesn't seem to be any. Thanks.

IEEE Spectrum had an article explaning CD's and a nice description
of the data format, within the last year or so.  The issue was
dedicated to various state of the art development projects.  Even
if the article doesn't cover what you want, Spectrum always has good
bibliographies at the end of the article.
--
Jim Stewart, VE3SRJ
UUCP:  {utzoo,uunet}!mnetor!jim