[sci.electronics] Clarke Story WAS

mike@maths.tcd.ie (Mike Rogers) (03/23/89)

	From: phil@hpsmdca.HP.COM (Philip Walden)

 In article <805@neptune.AMD.COM> tom@neptune.AMD.COM (Tom Lynch) writes:
 >Yes, I read a sci-fi story about the noise eater also.  It was in
 >"Tales of the Whitehorn" I believe (read it in high school).  The
 >story was about the Fulton Silencer.  If you like this idea you'll
 >love the book.  It blew up at a concert after eating too much music
 >energy.  You know all that energy has got to go somewhere!
 >Harvey come back we need you! (isn't that how the book ended?)
 >tom

	The Story was in the book "Tales From the White Hart" by Arthur Clarke.
The book contains details of storys told by the protagonist 'Harry' about
scientific friends of his, mostly of disreputable nature, who seemed always
to be one step from blowing up the world. They all seemed to be mysogonists
also. But some of the science is wonderfully bad.
--
Mike Rogers, 6.3.3 TCD, D2, Eire.       |  "This is between me
mike@maths.tcd.ie   (UNIX => preferred) |   and the vegetable."