[sci.electronics] Lorentz Actuators : Info Wanted

bbb1s@hudson.acc.virginia.edu (banerjee bibhuti bhusan) (04/05/89)

Hi Netters,

   I am looking for information on LORENTZ ACTUATORS. It's possible
that these are similar, in some ways, to voice coils, but I am not
sure. I searched in the Science & Engineering Library here at the
University of Virginia, but failed to locate anything on the subject. Also, a
search of the Wilson database on science/ engineering produced
nothing.

   I would greatly appreciate any references or pointers in the right
direction, or any relevant information you could provide.

   Please e-mail to bbb1s@hudson.acc.virginia.edu.

   Thanks in advance.

Bibhuti Banerjee
Mechanical & Aerospace Engg.
University of Virginia

aj-mberg@dasys1.UUCP (Micha Berger) (04/11/89)

In article <1323@hudson.acc.virginia.edu>, bbb1s@hudson.acc.virginia.edu (banerjee bibhuti bhusan) writes:

> Hi Netters,
>
>    I am looking for information on LORENTZ ACTUATORS. It's possible
> that these are similar, in some ways, to voice coils, but I am not
> sure.

In fact, they are almost identical, they just differ by a factor of

		       /          2

(Actually, I never heard of them before.)

--
					Micha Berger
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed here are my own. The spelling, noone's.