[sci.electronics] Kenwood TH-25AT

asplund@castor.usc.edu (Daryl Asplund) (05/01/89)

A friend of mine just purchased a Kenwood TH-25AT.  Upon
reading it's review in "'73 Amateur Radio", he asked me if
I would post on the net asking if anyone knows the MARS AND
CAP modification(s).  So how about it?  Anyone?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Please send all responses to me directly: Asplund@castor.usc.edu,
and I will promptly pass them along.

                                  Thanks again,
                                       Daryl

In article <3682@nunki.usc.edu> asplund@castor.usc.edu (Daryl Asplund) writes:
>A friend of mine just purchased a Kenwood TH-25AT.  Upon
>reading it's review in "'73 Amateur Radio", he asked me if
>I would post on the net asking if anyone knows the MARS AND
>CAP modification(s).  So how about it?  Anyone?
>
>Thanks for the help in advance!

I own both the TH-25AT and the TH-45AT.  I have modified both to
transmit and receive outside of the amateur bands (the 2m rig already rx
out of the band).  I am a tad too busy now to post the modification
instructions, but I will do so in about 5 weeks when the current term is
over.  In addition to not having a whole bunch of time, some of the
information is at a relative's house in a distant city.  Please QRX for
future mods info.

Disclaimer:  I am in no way sanctioning the illegal activity of
transmitting on a band for which one does not have a license, and/or
with non-type accepted equipment.

Question:  When will the HT manufacturers build a rig on 70cm that will
recieve non-amateur frequencies?  They already include different
features for different countries/geographical areas.  There is certainly
a market in the USA for such a rig.  Are the Japanese really so
shortsighted not to have figured this out?

------> Abortion is murder; Affirmative Action is discrimination. <------
In the rare case that original ideas      Kenneth J. Hendrickson    N8DGN
are found here, I am responsible.         Owen W328, E. Lansing, MI 48825
Internet: hendrick@frith.egr.msu.edu      UUCP: ...!frith!hendrick