[sci.electronics] Nixie tube vendor?

punia@uvm-gen.UUCP (Card 54...) (05/19/89)

Has anyone got a source for Nixie tubes??  If you don't know what they are,
you're not old enough to even consider replying :-)  We have a pH meter that
needs an ITT 5870L, and we really don't wish to pay the vendor the $90 he
wants for one.  Any leads??

--
David T. Punia    Voice: 802-656-1915  Compu$erve: 72617,1211
Univ. of Vermont CSEE dept             UUCPathalias --> punia@uvm-gen.uucp

dya@unccvax.UUCP (York David Anthony @ WKTD, Wilmington, NC) (05/19/89)

In article <1184@uvm-gen.UUCP>, punia@uvm-gen.UUCP (Card 54...) writes:

> Has anyone got a source for Nixie tubes??  If you don't know what they are,
> you're not old enough to even consider replying :-)  We have a pH meter that
> needs an ITT 5870L, and we really don't wish to pay the vendor the $90 he
> wants for one.  Any leads??

	My e-mail bounced, so here goes....Richardson Electronics is about
the last decent tube vendor in the US.  Normally I buy from the Illinois
branch (312-232-6400).

	Their catalog has the NL 5870 L at $41.25, along with a few others
at the same price.  Don't ask for the straight 5870, which I suspect is a
transmitting tube at $405.  They have technical assistance available.

	Nixies...how quaint :-) :-) :-)

York David Anthony
WKTD Wilmington, NC

sampson@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Steve Sampson) (05/20/89)

I saw some surplus tubes at Worldwide Electronics in Oklahoma City.  Just in case
your interested in surplus.  Don't have a phone # handy but the area code is 405.
Ask the AT&T operator.

iws@rayssdb.ray.com (Ihor W. Slabicky) (06/07/89)

> I saw some surplus tubes at Worldwide Electronics in Oklahoma City.

Yow - I missed the start of this discussion!

I am interested in building a project using nixie tubes:
a clock, a cascading 'counter', counter, etc. (almost
anything).

Can I prevail on someone who knows of such items to send
me some projects and sources for the tubes.  I'll gladly
refund the USMail charges if there are any.

Thanks - Ihor

                         Internet:  iws@rayssdb.ray.com
                   Bitnet:  iws%rayssdb.ray.com@a.cs.uiuc.edu
                   Bitnet:  iws%rayssdb.ray.com@eddie.mit.edu
Usenet:  {gatech, uiucdcs, decuac, sun, ukma, necntc, spdcc}!rayssd!rayssdb!iws
      Ihor Slabicky MS 171 * Raytheon Company * Submarine Signal Division
   1847 West Main Road * Portsmouth, RI 02871-1087 * (401) 847-8000 ext. 5684
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9     !#$%^&*()_-+={[ }]~`:;"'|\<,>.?/     9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0