[sci.electronics] Microwave Magnetron

hoang@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Dzung Hoang) (06/09/89)

    I have a Panasonic Microwave that blew a fuse.  I replaced the fuse but
it blew immediately when power is turned on.  I suspect that the magnetron is
damaged.  How can I be sure that the magnetron is indeed damaged.  If it is
damaged, can I just buy a replacement and install it, or are there
adjustments that must be made in addition?  I would prefer to fix the micro-
wave myself if it's possible.

Dzung Hoang
hoang@rex.cs.tulane.edu
tulane!rex!hoang

dmt@PacBell.COM (Dave Turner) (06/10/89)

In article <832@rex.cs.tulane.edu> hoang@rex.UUCP (Dzung Hoang) writes:
>    I have a Panasonic Microwave that blew a fuse.  I replaced the fuse but
>it blew immediately when power is turned on.  I suspect that the magnetron is
>damaged.  How can I be sure that the magnetron is indeed damaged.  If it is

Remove the magnetron and hit it with a very large hammer especially around
the connections. :-)

--
Dave Turner	415/542-1299	{att,bellcore,sun,ames,decwrl}!pacbell!dmt

sampson@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Steve Sampson) (06/10/89)

> how can I be sure that the magnetron is indeed damaged?

Check the High Voltage.  If you have HV it's the maggie, otherwise it's
the "other stuff".  Generally it's the other stuff rather than the maggie.