[sci.electronics] Video signal conversion

jean@maxwell.Concordia.CA ( JEAN GOULET | DCKS004 | | ) (06/15/89)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.8bit
Subject: Composite video
Sender: Jean Goulet

I am looking for information regarding the conversion of video signals from
one format to another.  This is because the XEP-80 only has a composite
luminance output, and since I don't have that type of monitor, and further,
few computers use them anymore, I'd rather convert the signal so that I don't
have to go buy an obsolete monitor.

For starters, I'd like to see the output of the XEP-80 on a
regular TV (via the rf modulator), so what kind of circuit would do the trick?
After I get sick of looking at the poor results, I'll want to switch
to a monitor that works with IBM PC's (i.e. a cheap TTL monochrome monitor),
so if you have any ideas or references on how to do this, let me know.

                                             Jean Goulet
                                             Electrical Engineering
                                             Class of '89
                                             Concordia University