capacitor:

       ---||---       or  ---)|---

diode:

       ---->|----

switch:

       ---o/ o---

crystal:

       ---|[]|---

Above symbols (C) Copyright 1989 Rahul Dhesi, All rights reserved.  Use
is permitted under the terms of the GNU license.
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
UUCP:    ...!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!dhesi

snoopy@sopwith.UUCP (Snoopy) (06/04/89)

In article <7531@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> dhesi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Rahul Dhesi) writes:

|inductor:
|             _   _   _
|       ---\_/ \_/ \_/ \_/---

No No No! An inductor is:

	----((((((()----    or   ----(((((((O----

    _____     						  .-----.
   /_____\    Snoopy					./  RIP	 \.
  /_______\   qiclab!sopwith!snoopy			|  	  |
    |___|     parsely!sopwith!snoopy			| tekecs  |
    |___|     sun!nosun!illian!sopwith!snoopy		|_________|

		"I *am* the next man!"  -Indy

sukenick@ccnysci.UUCP (SYG) (06/08/89)

>inductor:
>             _   _   _
>       ---\_/ \_/ \_/ \_/---
>resistor:
>       ---/\/\/\/\/\/\/\---
.Above symbols (C) Copyright 1989 Rahul Dhesi, All rights reserved.  Use
.is permitted under the terms of the GNU license.

(as eveyone should have gnown anyway)

I think a few less  /\'s would be better in your resistor:
eg:
	-/\/\/\/-   or  -/\/\/- or,    perhaps:   ---v^v^v^---  (yuck)
It seems that all the resistor symbols that I've seen have three pointy
edges on each side, and the final zag goes in the opposite direction to the
initial zig.

Inductor:
	-uuuuu-   or   -wwwww-   or -mwmwmw-

you have to have 'em wiggly, no?  what do you do in the case of a

transformer:

	-wwwww-
	 =====
	-mmmmm-

Anyone interested in circuit symbols usable under Macdraw?
Drop me a line.

wte@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Bill Eason) (06/10/89)

>inductor:
>             _   _   _
>       ---\_/ \_/ \_/ \_/---
>resistor:
>       ---/\/\/\/\/\/\/\---
>Above symbols (C) Copyright 1989 Rahul Dhesi, All rights reserved.  Use
>is permitted under the terms of the GNU license.

Are you serious?  And is this possible?  Can you (or anyone) copyright
something that people have been using for years, and that each person
likely came up with on their own?  Am I under copyright violation by
including the above text in this posting?  :-)  (*)

How about if I hereby copyright the symbol '|' ?  Unix (tm) users
beware!  Or the symbol :-) ?(*)  Granted, I'm not familiar with the GNU
license, but this whole copyright thing struck me as a little odd if
not extreme, or possibly beyond legal limits.  I don't mean to start
a controversy on the net, so please Email if anyone needs to set me
straight or just tell me to take a valium.

(*) Used by permission. Bill Eason, 1989   :-)  (*)

#include <std/disclaimer.h>

--

Bill Eason   (803) 791-6419    ...!ucbvax!sdcsvax!ncr-sd!ncrcae!sauron!wte
NCR Corporation		       ....!rutgers!mcnc!ece-csc!ncrcae!sauron!wte

In article 7009, Bill Eason writes:

>How about if I hereby copyright the symbol '|' ?  Unix (tm) users
>beware!  Or the symbol :-) ?(*)  Granted, I'm not familiar with the GNU
>license, but this whole copyright thing struck me as a little odd if
>not extreme, or possibly beyond legal limits.  I don't mean to start

This reminds me of the rumor I that Zilog tried to trademark the capital
letter Z.  According to the story it was thrown out of court...

"....W X Y Z (tm)"