[sci.electronics] Digital Filtering??

mark@motcsd.UUCP (Mark Jeghers) (06/29/89)

Looking over some spec sheets for multiplying D/A converters, I noticed
that digital filtering is a possible application.  How are D/A
converters used for digital filtering? What is the basic technique for
digital filtering?

Thank 'yall.
--
Mark Jeghers                       "I'm the King of Eight and I'm here to state
Motorola Computer Systems              that everything here has to total eight!

paravia@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Mark David Kakatsch) (06/30/89)

In article <453@greek.UUCP> mark@greek.UUCP (Mark Jeghers) writes:
>Looking over some spec sheets for multiplying D/A converters, I noticed
>that digital filtering is a possible application.  How are D/A
>converters used for digital filtering? What is the basic technique for
>digital filtering?

I'm also interested in such applications for D/A & A/D converters. Isn't it
true that fourier analysis is an excellent way to selectively filter signals?
I've heard of cases where it's been used to remove the vocals from songs, to
leave only an instrumental. I'd appreciate any books or background on fft...
Thanks much.

Mark
-
| Albert Einstein got his name after he got| paravia@csd4.milw.wisc.edu.      |
| smashed from drinking only only one stein| ...uwmcsd1!uwmcsd4!paravia       |
| of beer. Hence; Albert Einstein.         | Mark Kakatsch                    |