[sci.electronics] Konan

mwedel@hobbes.uucp (Mark Wedel) (07/16/89)

 I am looking for the address/phone of Konan, if they are still around.

 I have a Konan hard drive controller that I need some information about.
The number on the board is DJ2-301-B.  Number on the Eprom is DJ2-011-A.

 What I'm interested in is the codes sent to it and what they do.  The
board is hooked up to the computer by a bidirectional 8 bit parallel
interface card (with some other lines tossed in, which I'm not sure of
there meaning).  The Konan board then interprets the commands and performs
the needed actions on the hard drive.

  The pinouts for the 26 pin parallel connector ( computer <-> Konan Cont.)
would also be appreciated.

 Thanks.

Mark Wedel
mwedel@hobbes.Tymnet.Com - ucbvax!hplabs!oliveb!tymix!hobbes!mwedel
mwedel@antares.Tymnet.Com - ucbvax!hplabs!oliveb!tymix!antares!mwedel

keithm@wicat.UUCP (Keith McQueen) (07/22/89)

In article <2409@tymix.UUCP> mwedel@hobbes.UUCP (Mark Wedel) writes:

> I am looking for the address/phone of Konan, if they are still around.
>
> I have a Konan hard drive controller that I need some information about.
>The number on the board is DJ2-301-B.  Number on the Eprom is DJ2-011-A.
>

>Mark Wedel
>mwedel@hobbes.Tymnet.Com - ucbvax!hplabs!oliveb!tymix!hobbes!mwedel
>mwedel@antares.Tymnet.Com - ucbvax!hplabs!oliveb!tymix!antares!mwedel

Hey!  I was given one of these the other day in a junk box and
was thinking about tracking down the same information.  If you
find it, I need it too!

As a note of interest, the EPROM on mine is marked DJ2011B, and
there is a jumper installed between pin 22 on the EPROM and
pin 19 on the Z80 CPU.

Anyone know anything about this beast?

| Keith McQueen, Wicat Systems Inc. , (801)224-6605 | My opinions are |
| N7HMF @ NV7V (84058), 147.34+, 449.675-           | all mine...     |