[sci.electronics] Police-radar countermeasuers

erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) (08/22/89)

>From: jeff@garth.UUCP (Jeff Kaskey) Message-ID: <3211@garth.UUCP>
>>In article <19212@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU> max@ee.cornell.edu  (Max Hauser) writes:

>>From past experience as an electronic-countermeasures engineer for the
>>US government, I believe that detecting continuous narrowband emitters
>>is not even considered an interesting, let alone a challenging, technical
>>problem..........

>So then, following the thread, it should not be difficult to construct
>a circuit which detected the presence of a (just as an example :-))
>nearby police radio, as is likely to be truned on in any cop car which

Wanna know when the planes are near ?? Use Jeff's advice and "scan" for
the police band used by these suckers. In California the freq. used is
42.340 MHZ. Almost all Scanners will recieve this freq. It is used mainly
for any Statewide activity and bulletins (I think). The Air Bears here are
part of a Statewide task-force and as such stick to that freq.
--
I've been monitoring them for a time and have found out a little of their
habbits, i.e. they start work just like you and me at a certain time. They
take some time to set up and this is co-ordinated on the ground by the plane.
The plane can be heard for MILES. If you hear your cars description on your
scanner there still might be some hope for you. Try to make it look like
you are just passing a car, then slow down to a reasonable speed. I've heard
the fella in the plane call off a few patrol cars for this reason, May be
your lucky day :-) Maybe Time to go to Tahoe.
--
When I vacate my hometown to relax for a few weeks I usually carry a scanner
tuned to the above mentioned freq. and listen for static. This is a tipoff

--
  Erick Parsons    //    Words for the wise:   *If it works don't fix it.*