[sci.electronics] HP-5065A Ouput impedence anyone?

dale@lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu (dale chayes) (09/20/89)

	As often happens, when you want to RTFM, I can't find it!
Actually, I know (almost) exactly which box its in, but the box is in
the back of a sea-freight container.... (a long, boring, typical story of
bureaucracy in mis-action deleted.)

	Could someone with a manual (or a better memory than mine) for
an HP-5065A Rubidium frequency standard (dosen't every one have a
copy laying around?) have a look at the spec for output drive and e-mail
me the answer. Basicly, I can't remember if its 50 ohms or 600 ohms.

Thanks in advance,
Dale

--
Dale Chayes Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory of Columbia University
Route 9W, Palisades, N.Y.  10964	dale@lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu

davea@hpscdc.HP.COM (Dave Angelini) (09/21/89)

Straight from the factory at 50 ohms!

                                                Dave

lkraft@hpccc.HP.COM (Lyle Kraft) (09/22/89)

 dale@lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu (dale chayes) writes:

>	As often happens, when you want to RTFM, I can't find it!
> Actually, I know (almost) exactly which box its in, but the box is in
> the back of a sea-freight container.... (a long, boring, typical story of
> bureaucracy in mis-action deleted.)
>
>	Could someone with a manual (or a better memory than mine) for
> an HP-5065A Rubidium frequency standard (dosen't every one have a
> copy laying around?) have a look at the spec for output drive and e-mail
> me the answer. Basicly, I can't remember if its 50 ohms or 600 ohms.

	Sorry, I left my manual at home :-> , but a check of the
	catalog reveals that the 5065A has these specs:

		Sinusodial Outputs	5MHz, 1MHz, 100kH
		Output Voltage 		1 volt into 50 ohms

	For the 1 PPS Outputs:

		Amplitude		10V Peak into 50 ohm load