[sci.electronics] Schematics for Hayes Smartmodem 300 needed

scott@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US (Scott Reynolds) (09/12/89)

Help!  I have a Smartmodem 300 here that is overheating, and I'm having a
bear of a time figuring out why without a schematic to look at.  All
documentation was lost for it long ago, so that isn't much help.
--
Scott Reynolds				rutgers!mailrus!clip!clmqt!scott
Enterprise Information System		scott@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US

liud@guille.ece.orst.edu (Dongtai Liu) (09/12/89)

 I bought 10 (minimum order) FM steroe tranmitter chips. Since I only
 need a few, I would like to sale the rest to any one interested. The
 chip is a BA1404 which integrates the 38kc oscillator (crystal not
 included), left/right channel amplifiers, sample and pilot circuits,
 FM frequency generator (88-108 MC) and the RF output stage, a nice
 small IC that does all you need to transmit stereo signals within
 short distances. I plan to use it to transmit CD sound to my receiver
 so I don't have to walk across the room to load/unload. Also
 I could play my electronic key board and hear it from FM receiver.
 Send e-mail to me if you are interested; the chip is $1.75 and you
 pay the shipping.

  Also, can anybody tell me where I can buy 38 kHz crystals or resonators?

inc@tc.fluke.COM (Gary Benson) (09/13/89)

In article <1209@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US> scott@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US (Scott Reynolds) writes:
>Help!  I have a Smartmodem 300 here that is overheating, and I'm having a
>bear of a time figuring out why without a schematic to look at.  All
>documentation was lost for it long ago, so that isn't much help.

Try giving Hayes a call at 1-800-241-6492.

In my few dealings with them, they have been as solid a company as you would
expect from using their products. I think they are located in Georgia, so it
shouldn't take too long to get stuff sent.

Good luck.

--
GaryBenson_-inc@tc.fluke.COM-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-Tell the girls to slice the ham thin -J.C. Penney

greenwoo@mizar.usc.edu (al greenwood) (09/26/89)

In article <1209@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US> scott@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US (Scott Reynolds) writes:
>Help!  I have a Smartmodem 300 here that is overheating, and I'm having a
>bear of a time figuring out why without a schematic to look at.  All
>documentation was lost for it long ago, so that isn't much help.
>--
>Scott Reynolds				rutgers!mailrus!clip!clmqt!scott
>Enterprise Information System		scott@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US
>	"Insufficient facts always invite danger." -- Spock

   Looks like its time to upgrade your modem. I bought my High Fidelity
  2400 baud for $89 and its been a charm. It works with Smartcom, comes
  with Procomm and is supposedly hayes compatible. It may be worth it too
  you to just buy a new one.

+g.

DISCLAIMER: Nope Im not on the payroll for Hayes for High fidelity, so dont
            count my wourd as gospil.

  "What do you mean it just stopped?"