[sci.electronics] LaserMax Vis. Diode Laser & Vis Laser Diode Prices

jds@odin.m2c.org (jds) (09/27/89)

  I just received a flyer from a 'LaserMax' in Rochester NY.  They're
selling a 3mw gain guided 670nm laser diode with case, collimator,
power supply (wall tran & battery), storage case, and docs.  All this
for $295.

  Has anyone bought one of these units?  If so, what do you think of
it?  The $295 price tag doesn't seem too bad if it's a well built
unit.  They take VISA or MC.  There number is (716) 328-1920.
I have no connection with these folks what-so-ever except
possibly a future costumer...

  ****

  This brings me to my next question.  Has anyone found a good price
on >= 3mW visible laser diodes?  I've gotten prices around $200 for
the NEC NDL3200, but they should be lower than that now.

-- john

John Sutter, Mass. Microelectronics Center (M2C)
(w)  75 North Drive, Westborough, MA  01581, USA +1 (508) 870-0312
(h)  516 Dutton Rd., Sudbury, MA  01776, USA     +1 (508) 443-0515
UUCP: harvard!m2c!jds    INTERNET:   jds@m2c.org         NSS 29355

ee5391aa@hydra.unm.edu (Duke McMullan n5gax) (09/28/89)

In article <5041@m2c.M2C.ORG> jds@odin.m2c.org (jds) writes:

>  This brings me to my next question.  Has anyone found a good price
>on >= 3mW visible laser diodes?  I've gotten prices around $200 for
>the NEC NDL3200, but they should be lower than that now.

John, check out Don Lancaster's "Hardware Hacker" column in the latest --
Oct., I guess -- Radio/Electronics Mag.  There are some new, cheap, visible
laser diodes available from some big-time Japanese mfg.r; I forget which
one. I dunno what the pwr. output is.

				Red lines in the dark,

                -- Generic Apophthegmatic Statement --
     Duke McMullan n5gax nss13429r phon505-255-4642 ee5391aa@hydra.unm.edu