[sci.electronics] Hoss Traders Flea at Deerfield, NH - IMPORTANT

WALT@MAINE.BITNET (Walter G Horbert) (09/30/89)

In article <1369@raybed2.UUCP> Eugene Balinski writes:

>       The fall edition of the HOSS TRADERS ham radio and electronics
> flea market will be held Saturday OCTOBER 7 starting at DAWN at the
> DEERFIELD FAIR GROUNDS, DEERFIELD N.H. The fair grounds are located on
> RT-43, a few miles off of RT-101. RT-101 is directly accessible from RT-93
> in New Hampshire. Talk-in is available on 147.00 (rpt) and 146.52.

This is ok...

>     For REAL hams, the flea market actually begins FRIDAY at about NOON and
> continues into the night. Bring a flashlight, a smooth and phillips screw
> driver and a jacket. (HINT: the best deals go down on friday !!). Camping
> is available.

Whoa!  Stop!  Halt!   ^c ^c ^c ^c!

In recent years this has become a serious problem.  The fairground does
not open until 04:00 pm Friday.  The gates will be closed and the curios
will be turned away.  Don't plan on arriving before 04:00 pm.

This article has been posted on behalf of Joe, K1RQG, Hamfest Chairman.
If you have any questions about this, please contact him.  Thank you and
hope you get to Deerfield this year.

                                     73,

                                        N1FKO
                                        Walt

ewb@raybed2.UUCP (EUGENE BALINSKI) (10/03/89)

In article <1963WALT@MAINE>, WALT@MAINE.BITNET (Walter G Horbert) writes:
> In article <1369@raybed2.UUCP> Eugene Balinski writes:
>
> >       The fall edition of the HOSS TRADERS ham radio and electronics
> > flea market will be held Saturday OCTOBER 7 starting at DAWN at the
> > DEERFIELD FAIR GROUNDS, DEERFIELD N.H. The fair grounds are located on
> > RT-43, a few miles off of RT-101. RT-101 is directly accessible from RT-93
> > in New Hampshire. Talk-in is available on 147.00 (rpt) and 146.52.
>
> This is ok...
>
> >     For REAL hams, the flea market actually begins FRIDAY at about NOON and
> > continues into the night. Bring a flashlight, a smooth and phillips screw
> > driver and a jacket. (HINT: the best deals go down on friday !!). Camping
> > is available.
>
> Whoa!  Stop!  Halt!   ^c ^c ^c ^c!
>
> In recent years this has become a serious problem.  The fairground does
> not open until 04:00 pm Friday.  The gates will be closed and the curios
> will be turned away.  Don't plan on arriving before 04:00 pm.
>
> This article has been posted on behalf of Joe, K1RQG, Hamfest Chairman.
> If you have any questions about this, please contact him.  Thank you and
> hope you get to Deerfield this year.
>
>                                      73,
>                                         N1FKO
>                                         Walt

WALT,
       This HAS become a problem. The problem is that the HOSSTRADER organizers
tell us one thing, but actually DO something else. Why is that? This spring
people started showing up at 8:00 am. Don't the owners lock the grounds ?
Almost every time we hear of the 4 PM opening we hear the same stories
of people in before noon, set up and selling. I fully respect the right
of the organizers to close the area to everyone till a given opening time.
BUT if they are going to talk about it please do it. Just don't give us
conflicting stories. I like to get the deals like everyone else. I hate
showing up after 4 just to be told that "you should have been here around
noon"!
    BTW Please thank Joe and his crew for doing a great job with the flea
market. We all deeply appreciate it !!!!
                                              C U around noon ??
                                                      73
                                                  Gene WA1UXA