[sci.electronics] GIVE IT A REST, PLEASE! re:cheap video

peg@psuecl.bitnet (10/04/89)

GIVE IT A REST, PLEASE!

I hereby publicly confess that my opinions on opening RAM chips
and using them for video cameras was incorrect.  Many, many people
have told me this.  Many, many people have said the same thing
over and over.  Can we please advance the topic?  If you know
something new about it, please comment, otherwise:

      GIVE IT A REST, PLEASE!!

Paul Ganter

p.s. It's nice to know that no one else out there jumps to conclusions
or makes mistakes.

phil@diablo.amd.com (Phil Ngai) (10/06/89)

In article <58338@psuecl.bitnet> peg@psuecl.bitnet writes:
|p.s. It's nice to know that no one else out there jumps to conclusions
|or makes mistakes.

The fact that other people may make mistakes is no excuse for running
off at the mouth yourself. As you obviously did. Actually, your
ignorance and arrogance is unusually intense for this group.

--
Phil Ngai, phil@diablo.amd.com		{uunet,decwrl,ucbvax}!amdcad!phil
Just say NO to the "War on Drugs".

In article <27656@amdcad.AMD.COM> phil@diablo.AMD.COM (Phil Ngai) writes:
>The fact that other people may make mistakes is no excuse for running
>off at the mouth yourself. As you obviously did. Actually, your
>ignorance and arrogance is unusually intense for this group.

Go easy, Phil.  We've all been ignorant and/or arrogant at times.  An
ounce of tolerance is worth several tons of flaming.
--
Nature is blind; Man is merely |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
shortsighted (and improving).  | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu

In article <1989Oct6.060648.22704@utzoo.uucp> henry@utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
|Go easy, Phil.  We've all been ignorant and/or arrogant at times.  An
|ounce of tolerance is worth several tons of flaming.

I made a mistake myself -- I intended to email that, not post it.
The article has been canceled.