[sci.electronics] Looking for 6805 assembler for unix, or C source

cam@ctsx.UUCP (Cameron Elliot) (10/04/89)

I am trying to do some 6805 development work under Un*x {Why not :-)}
and am looking for any suggestions in the way of assemblers,
emulators and any other development aids that might be necessary.
Oh and how does one program a 6805?, I have an multi-prom type
programmer, do I need an adaptor board?  Any help appreciated,

 Thanks,

   Cameron Elliott

ted@nmsu.edu (Ted Dunning) (10/04/89)

In article <159@ctsx.UUCP> cam@ctsx.UUCP (Cameron Elliot) writes:

   I am trying to do some 6805 development work under Un*x {Why not
   and am looking for any suggestions in the way of assemblers,
   emulators and any other development aids that might be necessary.

there are a variety of assemblers, both generic and special purpose on
uunet.  if you are looking to do something on the cheap, then i would
recommend wiring up some byte wide static rams into a prom emulator
and use an external prom version of the 6805.  this will allow you to
download code into the `prom' and test it easily.

   Oh and how does one program a 6805?, I have an multi-prom type
   programmer, do I need an adaptor board?  Any help appreciated,

you could use an adapter board, but an easier method is to just use
the circuit given in the 6805 app notes and have the 6805 blow it's
own prom.  you just have to give it something to copy, and if you
have built a prom emulator, then you are on your way.

also, if you are interested in spending just a little money, try
giving this guy a call:

Nelson C Smith
1920 Arbor Creek Drive
Carrollton, Texas 75010
(214) 446-9906

he sells a line of prom emulators and simple development software for
micros.
--
ted@nmsu.edu
			remember, when extensions and subsets are outlawed,

phil@ingr.com (Phil Johnson) (10/05/89)

Motorola runs an open BBS in Austin, TX in support of their
microprocessor product line.  I believe there is a set of assemblers
(with C source) in the IBM section.  Also there are a number of files
that will help in the development phase (ie math, IO, and etc routines).
I don't have the telephone number handy, but your local Motorola dealer
can provide it.  They also have a BBS called Dr. BuB that provides DSP
support.

--
Philip E. Johnson                    UUCP:  usenet!ingr!b3!sys_7a!phil
MY words,                           VOICE:  (205) 772-2497

pcf@galadriel.bt.co.uk (Pete French) (10/05/89)

From article <159@ctsx.UUCP>, by cam@ctsx.UUCP (Cameron Elliot):
> I am trying to do some 6805 development work under Un*x {Why not :-)}
> and am looking for any suggestions in the way of assemblers,
> emulators and any other development aids that might be necessary.
> Oh and how does one program a 6805?, I have an multi-prom type
> programmer, do I need an adaptor board?  Any help appreciated,

I had some friends who wrote a 6502 emulator - it also detected calls to
routines in the OS of a BBC micro, and as a result they were able to
load in a straight binary image of the BASIC rom and get it to work. It
still has some bugss to sort out however, but I will look it up for you.

As to an assembler - 6502 is so trivialy simple to assemble that you could
probably knock one up in an afternoon using yacc and lex. Left as an
exercies for the reader :-)

-Pete.

--
       -Pete French.               | "Love is the corpse,
  British Telecom Research Labs.   |  That crawls on dreams,

herbster@b11.ingr.com (Joe Herbster) (10/10/89)

	I recently had an application using Mot. micro-contollers and
	came across the following.....

	68HC05 and 6811 series emulators and development tools including
	symbolic debuggers and assemblers from

	Thorson Engineering Co.
	6225 - 76th St. SE
	Snohomish, WA  98290   (206) 334-4214

	C-compilers for many micros (other languages also) from

	Archimedes Software, Inc.
	2159 Union St.
	San Francisco, CA  94123  (415) 567-4010

	Hope this is what you are looking for and good luck.

			de KM4JN   J. Herbster