[sci.electronics] cheap video

nagle@well.UUCP (John Nagle) (10/10/89)

     At this point, CCD imaging chips are widely available, being used in
large number of camcorders, so prying the lids off RAMs is obsolete.
Sanyo Semiconductor (408-248-6370) makes a good selection; call for
technical data.  A wide range of resolutions is available.

					John Nagle

In article <14016@well.UUCP> nagle@well.UUCP (John Nagle) writes:
>     At this point, CCD imaging chips are widely available, being used in
>large number of camcorders, so prying the lids off RAMs is obsolete.

The issue was never availability; it was price.  What are CCD prices like?
--
A bit of tolerance is worth a  |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
megabyte of flaming.           | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu

jb@aablue.UUCP (John B Scalia) (10/18/89)

In article <1989Oct10.021254.19742@utzoo.uucp> henry@utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:

>The issue was never availability; it was price.  What are CCD prices like?
>--

I checked out my latest Arrow Electronics catalog this morning and found the
following items made by TI:

	TI# TCK103 	Arrow # 2413FAQ
		Linear CCD Evaluation Kit	Qty. 1 $ 317.46

	TI# TC102	Arrow # 2413FAR
		128 x 1 Linear CCD Image Sensor Qty. 1 $  48.84

	TI# TC104	Arrow # 2413FAS
		3456 x 1 Lin. CCD Image Sensor  Qty. 1 $ 155.40

	TI# TC211	Arrow # 2413FAT
		192 x 165 Industrial CCD Sensor Qty. 1 $  51.05

We used the TC104 in a scanner we built a couple of years utilizing a
scanning slit technology and found them to be really fast in response
with no "memory" or saturation to fairly bright lights. Of course, we
never exposed them to sunlight directly. If I remember right, since I
can't find my spec sheet for it, the TC102 has a lot better low-light
capability. I have no information for the TCK103 or the TC211; they
didn't meet any needs for our scanner.

Hope this gives you something to stimulate those creative juices :-)

jb@aablue
--
A A Blueprint Co., Inc. - Akron, Ohio +1 216 794-8803 voice
UUCP:	   {uunet!}aablue!jb	(John B. Scalia)

Just a little more nonsense to clutter up the net.