[sci.electronics] TI Video modulator

gbell@pnet12.cts.com (Greg Bell) (10/30/89)

In a catalog from All Electronics Corp., they advertise a Sound and Video
modulator for $5.  Its the kind that used to be used with TI's computers.

Since I probably won't get any documentation with the thing, I was wondering
what it takes as input... composite video?  And, can somebody provide me with
a pinout?

Thanks...

    Greg Bell_________________________________________________________
      Hardware hacker          |
      Electronics hobbyist     | UUCP:  uunet!serene!pnet12!gbell
      EE major at UC San Diego |

jim@rwsys.UUCP (James Wyatt KA5VJL) (10/31/89)

In article <1064@serene.UUCP> gbell@pnet12.cts.com (Greg Bell) writes:
>In a catalog from All Electronics Corp., they advertise a Sound and Video
>modulator for $5.  Its the kind that used to be used with TI's computers.
>
>Since I probably won't get any documentation with the thing, I was wondering
>what it takes as input... composite video?  And, can somebody provide me with
>a pinout?

I had to hook one of these up to a Tandy 1000HX a while back for a friend.
The thing was a fairly nice unit from Aztec (seems to make most of the
world's modulators and cheap switching power supplies); I got their number
from 1-800-555-1212 at the time. Of course, I have since lost the data sheet.
The unit took low-level audio, composite (RS-170) video, and 9V. It ran very
well off of a 9V alk. battery. Hope this helps...

James T. Wyatt	 KA5VJL - You woudn't WANT my opinions anyway!
       texbell.swbt.com!letni.lawnet.com!rwsys!{jim,root}  Work: 817-390-2864
{sys1.tandy.com!sneaky,merch.tandy.com}!/                  Home: 214-579-0425