[sci.electronics] Video Sync Strpper and Mixer

ycy@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Joseph Yip) (11/10/89)

There are two video problems I need to solve.

I have a JVC color camera and a JVC video controller. The camera output is
fed into the video controller. The controller has 2 composite outputs and
1 R, 1 G, 1 B outputs. However, the controller does not put any sync sigal
into G or R or B outputs. I need to transmit a video signal from one place
to another using RF transmitter. And then the RF receiver will receive the
signal and the video signal will be digitized.

The video signal is sent using a multiplexor. So, I will send one video
signal at a time and digitize it.

Most video frame grabber need the sync pulse to synchronize the hardware
before digitization. So, the following questions arize:

1. I need to mix the R or G or B outputs with a sync pulse before
trasmission. One easy way is to strip the sync pulse from the composite
signal and mix with the R or G or B before trasmission. So, I need a
sync stripper (maybe a mixer). Is there any commerical product that does
sync stripping or both (mixing)? I just want to buy a product that does
that.

2. Is there any product that just does decomposition of color composite
signal into RGB signal? Most TV monitor has internal circuit that splits
NTSC (color composite) into RGB before displaying.

Please inform me any companies that do what I need.

Thank you.

Joseph

michael@fe2o3.UUCP (Michael Katzmann) (11/11/89)

In article <20716@ut-emx.UUCP> ycy@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Joseph Yip) writes:
   >There are two video problems I need to solve.
   >
   >1. I need to mix the R or G or B outputs with a sync pulse before
   >trasmission. One easy way is to strip the sync pulse from the composite
   >signal and mix with the R or G or B before trasmission. So, I need a
   >sync stripper (maybe a mixer). Is there any commerical product that does
   >sync stripping or both (mixing)? I just want to buy a product that does
   >that.
   >
   >2. Is there any product that just does decomposition of color composite
   >signal into RGB signal? Most TV monitor has internal circuit that splits
   >NTSC (color composite) into RGB before displaying.
   >
   >Please inform me any companies that do what I need.

National Semiconductor make a sync stripper called the LM1881 which works
very well!
As an encoder you could try a philips TDA2001 or Motorola MC1377. These work
OK for games but are not professional encoders I'm affraid the only way
to get decent encoded video, is to do it with separate modulators etc.
email to
UUCP:       uunet!mimsy!{arinc,fe203}!vk2bea!michael
 	Amateur	|    VK2BEA	(Australia)      ' ) ) )      /           //
 	Radio	|    G4NYV	(United Kingdom)  / / / o _. /_  __.  _  //
	Stations|    NV3Z	(United States)	 / ' (_<_(__/ /_(_/|_</_</_

Michael Katzmann
Broadcast Sports Technology.
2135 Espey Ct. #4
Crofton Md. 21114 USA