[sci.electronics] help with memory chips

cth_co@tekno.chalmers.se (CHRISTER OLSSON) (12/13/89)

In article <19198@watdragon.waterloo.edu>, drmmudie@lotus.waterloo.edu (David R. Mudie) writes:

> The 'manual' says that I got with the PC state that I can expand the memory
>     using either 41256 or 41000 dram chips.
> The chips that I found in the cadd station are 88315's and TMS4116's
> (and there are a lot of them).  Does anyone know if I can use these.
I don't know what 88315 is but TMS4116 is old dynamic 16kbit ram. Your PC
don't support these and if you will use them, you need 512 of them to expand
1 Mbyte.
Your PC can use 256kbit och 1Mbit dram but not 16kbit dram.