[sci.electronics] Receiver for WWV/WWVH

khl@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Kenneth H. Lee) (12/10/89)

Besides Heathkit's "Most Accurate Clock" are there any other sources
for a device that receives WWV/WWVH broadcasts are translates it into
a readable form?

I know that Radio Shack sells a receiver that picks up the voice
broadcasts of WWV/WWVH but they don't sell one that displays the
broadcast time.
Kenneth H. Lee				khl@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Columbia University			rutgers!columbia!cunixf!khl
209 Watson, 612 West 115 Street		khlcu@cuvmc.bitnet
New York, NY 10025			(212) 854-8027

In article <1989Dec10.014517.20518@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> khl@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Kenneth H. Lee) writes:

> Besides Heathkit's "Most Accurate Clock" are there any other sources
> for a device that receives WWV/WWVH broadcasts are translates it into
> a readable form?
>
> I know that Radio Shack sells a receiver that picks up the voice
> broadcasts of WWV/WWVH but they don't sell one that displays the

What is your application?  There are other "radio clocks", but as far
as I know they will all get you into the "lab instrument" category...
If you've got $K to spend look in the EEM, Goldbook or other likely
equipment directory.

The Heath clock isn't bad for what it is, though it's only available
in kit form these days, and while the Radio Shack thing is toylike,
adding a filter/tone detector can generate usable time ticks/pulse
codes.