[sci.electronics] GaAs FET 2SK152

narayan@cssun.tamu.edu (Sriram Narayan) (01/10/90)

Could anyone out there tell me if the 2SK152 (GaAs FET) is a commercially
manufactured part and if so, some details or sources? It is being used
in the front end of the Sony ICF-2010 receiver and perhaps some ham
rigs as well.

Isn't an SKxxx part a silicon device, and is it that GaAs devices are
being given the 2SKxxx id's?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Sriram Narayan  810446  Texas A&M University     |
INTERNET: narayan@photon.tamu.edu                |     Go Alain Prost!
US Mail: X4 Hensel #K, College Station, TX 77840.|

whit@milton.acs.washington.edu (John Whitmore) (01/10/90)

In article <4046@helios.TAMU.EDU> narayan@cssun.tamu.edu (Sriram Narayan) writes:
>Could anyone out there tell me if the 2SK152 (GaAs FET) is a commercially
>manufactured part and if so, some details or sources? ...
>Isn't an SKxxx part a silicon device, and is it that GaAs devices are
>being given the 2SKxxx id's?

	My SONY discrete databook lists 2SK152 as a silicon N-channel
junction FET.  Typical uses are low noise head amplifiers for VTR's,
and the main claim to fame is high transconductance/capacitance ratio
"|Yfs|/Ciss = 3.5 (typical) at 10 mA"
15V max, 50 mA max drain voltage and current, input capacitance under 9 pF,
and Ids between 9.5 and 42 mA at Vgs=0.0.
The noise figure is 1.8 dB in a circuit with 15 dB gain, 50 ohm input
impedance, measured near 100 MHz.  Voltage input noise is 1.2 nV/sqrt(Hz)
at 1 kHz with 10 mA drain current and grounded gate.
	Sony's Texas reps are B-P Sales, at
 (214) 234-8438, or (713) 782-4144, or (512) 346-9186, as well as
Shefler-Kahn (in El Paso county), (505) 345-3591.  And Marshall Industries
is listed as a distributor in your neck of the woods.
	Lookit all those different area codes!  Texas must be BIG!

 I am known for my brilliance,	               John Whitmore
  by those who do not know me well.