[sci.electronics] United Detector Technology

knutj@idt.unit.no (Knut Johannessen) (01/18/90)

Here in Norway I have to pay 680 NOK (about 100 USD) for a PIN-10D or
PIN-10DI silicon photodiode.  This seems to me to be somewhat too pricey ...

Any comments ?

If anyone know of an electronic mail address to UDT I will appreciate the
information. I have not been able to find them under the .com domain
(internet).

Thanks,

Knut Johannessen
Norwegian Institute of Technology
knutj@idt.unit.no

tomb@hplsla.HP.COM (Tom Bruhns) (01/20/90)

> Here in Norway I have to pay 680 NOK (about 100 USD) for a PIN-10D or
> PIN-10DI silicon photodiode.  This seems to me to be somewhat too pricey ...

It's been years since I bought one, but the price sounds about right.
Those are the 1 cm^2 active area ones, aren't they?  Sorry--can't help
with an email address for them.  I'd be a bit surprised if they are on
email...but they may be.

piner@pur-phy (Richard Piner) (01/21/90)

In article <1990Jan18.083235.29990@idt.unit.no> knutj@idt.unit.no (Knut Johannessen) writes:
>Here in Norway I have to pay 680 NOK (about 100 USD) for a PIN-10D or
>PIN-10DI silicon photodiode.  This seems to me to be somewhat too pricey ...

I checked an old price list from 1988. A PIN-10D is listed at $55.
I did not see a 10DI listed. The same chip with filters (10DAP), listed at $150.
Given import/export duties, shipping, etc., $100 sounds about right.