[sci.electronics] IBM fuse

adrian@cs.hw.ac.uk (Adrian Hurt) (01/30/90)

IBM PC = I've Blown My Power Circuit	:-)

One of ours has.  An AT, to be precise.  I've broken into the power supply,
and found a blown fuse.  The markings on the board say "6A ABC", and those
on the fuse say "BUSS ABC 6".  The fuse is a 1 1/4" type; it looks like the
main body is ceramic.  It is white, and has a black ring painted round one
end.

So, can someone tell me what the "ABC" means?  Can I replace it with a standard
6.3A fuse?  If so, should it be fast-blow or slow-blow; if not, where can I get
a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

 "Keyboard? How quaint!" - M. Scott

 Adrian Hurt			     |	JANET:  adrian@uk.ac.hw.cs
 UUCP: ..!ukc!cs.hw.ac.uk!adrian     |  ARPA:   adrian@cs.hw.ac.uk

jeffw@midas.WR.TEK.COM (Jeff Winslow) (01/31/90)

In article <747@odin.cs.hw.ac.uk> adrian@cs.hw.ac.uk (Adrian Hurt) writes:
>IBM PC = I've Blown My Power Circuit	:-)
>
>One of ours has.  An AT, to be precise.  I've broken into the power supply,
>and found a blown fuse.

I don't know the details, of course, but replacing fuses in a blown switching
power supply is usually just a good (if indirect) way to melt metal. An ABC
is a slow-blow, by the way.

						Jeff Winslow