[sci.electronics] More: 'Need help with 3.5" drives' or '3.5" drive blues'...

scheer@cell.mot.COM (Jon Scheer) (02/02/90)

In article <1034@hazel7.UUCP>, scheer@cell.mot.COM (Jon Scheer) writes:

> 	- After the machine boots, if I put a formatted disk into
> the 3.5" drive and do a directory, the drive is accessed but I
> get a "Sector not found" (or "Read failure", I think) error message.

   Well, I messed around with the 3.5" drive again last night.  I noticed
the error message was not "Sector not found", but "Not ready on drive..."
message.

> 	2. Could it be that I need MSDos 3.3 ?  (This will soon be
> verified; I'm 'borrowing' a copy to see if that clears up anything.
> Something tells me that I've tried it before, though.)

   I got two slightly different copies of MSDos 3.3 last night and both
yielded the same results: No change.  I get the same problems as I got
with MSDos 3.2 and PC-Dos 3.2.

   Help!  Please??  ;-)

Jon
2/1/90

...{uunet | mcdchg}!amtfocus!outback!wombat                     <-- Home
...{uunet | mcdchg | gatech | att}!motcid!scheer                <-- Work
amtfocus!outback!wombat@UUNET.UU.NET or F1JON@ISUMVS.BITNET     <-- Bitnet
amtfocus!outback!wombat@chg.mcd.mot.com                         <-- Internet
   "I believe the phrase rhymes with 'Clucking bell'..." - Black Adder 4