[sci.electronics] 68HC11 kit from Motorola

peg@psuecl.bitnet (PAUL E. GANTER) (02/04/90)

In article <1241@anasaz.UUCP>, bobm@anasaz.UUCP (Bob Maccione) writes:
> alan l wendt writes:
>>Motorola has a 68HC11 "design kit" that they sell to universities
>>for $68.11
>
> Does anyone know what the cost of the Kit would be if you don't happen
> to be going to a university ??
>
> It would be nice if a hacker could afford to buy one for not much more.

I don't know the scoop on this, but surely you know someone in college?
I can't believe Motorola would even be picky about what major they were,
as long as they are interested in MCUs...  And there probably is nothing
saying one of us can't buy *you* one!

Paul

jhuang@sci.ccny.cuny.edu (Jian Huang) (02/04/90)

In article <83242@psuecl.bitnet> peg@psuecl.bitnet (PAUL E. GANTER) writes:
>In article <1241@anasaz.UUCP>, bobm@anasaz.UUCP (Bob Maccione) writes:
>> alan l wendt writes:
>>>Motorola has a 68HC11 "design kit" that they sell to universities
>>>for $68.11
>>
>> Does anyone know what the cost of the Kit would be if you don't happen
>> to be going to a university ??

There is a order slip in Nov (or Dec?) issue of Spectrum (
of IEEE). Just fill it with necessary information and send
it with check to Motorola. It comes with complete document
and software. It is surly the cheapest develop tool for
68HC11.

--
JIAN HUANG                         System Software Engineer
jhuang@sci.ccny.cuny.edu           Klinger Scientific