[sci.electronics] Bitmapped LCD Displays

rodb@chum.ee.ubc.ca (Rod Barman) (02/03/90)

I am looking for a source of a bitmap LCD display.  I would like something
that has a resolution of about 200 by 200 pixels, similar to the display used
in the Nintendo 'Game Boy' toy. I have tried a few suppliers here locally
who all tell me such things are custom made and you can't order one.  If
anybody know of a supplier or has information on the display used in the
'Game Boy' please email me.

Thanks,
Rod Barman, Dept. of E.E., University of British Columbia
rodb@ee.ubc.ca
Rod Barman, Dept. of E.E., University of British Columbia
rodb@ee.ubc.ca
..!ubc-cs!ee.ubc.ca!rodb

ssy@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Kyler Laird) (02/05/90)

In article <1012@fs1.ee.ubc.ca> rodb@chum.ee.ubc.ca (Rod Barman) writes:
>I am looking for a source of a bitmap LCD display.  I would like something
>that has a resolution of about 200 by 200 pixels, similar to the display used

Check out a Newark catalog.

The display I'm trying to get is 160*128, but they have them all the way up to
640*400.

Also with supertwist and EL backlighting...

If there's interest, I can find the address/phone number.

Kyler Laird                  I'm  the NRA             ky@en.ecn.purdue.edu