[sci.electronics] Freedom Phone

foa@nesac2.att.com (4ess foa group) (02/03/90)

  I recently purchased a "Freedom Phone", a Voice Activated Telephone
made by Southwestern Bell.  While I am pleased overall with its
operation, there are a couple of things that it does that don't
seem correct.  Does anyone out there own one of these phones?
If so, I'd like to talk to you and see if your phone "operates"
like mine does. (I already tried SW Bell - their "expert" was
not very helpfull).

                      adTHANKSvance

 ...att!nesac2!foa       |**     Terry Nelson      **| GEnie Mail: terry2
 "Two wrongs don't make  |       AT&T Network        | Compu$erve 70701,1561
  a right but...three    |    Services Division      | ATTMail: terrynelson
  rights make a left."   |**   Warrenville,  IL    **|    708-393-8352

djwalden@isi.edu (David Walden) (02/07/90)

 foa@nesac2.att.com (Terry Nelson) writes:

>  I recently purchased a "Freedom Phone", a Voice Activated Telephone
>made by Southwestern Bell.
>.... there are a couple of things that it does that don't
>seem correct.  Does anyone out there own one of these phones?

	   I own a Freedom Phone cordless telephone.  It is voice-
	activated (aren't all phones?).  About once a month, it
	goes nuts.  When I pick up the hard-wired extension phone,
	all I hear is noise ("static").  The only thing that will re-set
	the cordless phone is to unplug the lead from the power module
	and then re-attach it.

				Dave Walden
				djwalden@isi.edu