[sci.electronics] What does "VME"

grimesg@sj.ate.slb.com (George Grimes) (02/21/90)

In article <20387@netnews.upenn.edu> tony@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Anthony Olejnik) writes:
>The subject line says it all.
>I always hear this Bus mentioned, however I'm not sure what it
>stands for.
>
>I think its stands for Versa M????? Euro Bus (a cross between
>a Versa (??) bus and an Euro (??) >Any help would be appreciated.

According to a book on VME that I just got it stands for

V M E
e o u
r d r
a u o
b l c
u e a
s s r

George

rjd@dell.dell.com (Randy Davis) (02/23/90)

In article <1990Feb21.061101.754@sj.ate.slb.com> grimesg@sj.ate.slb.com (George Grimes) writes:
|In article <20387@netnews.upenn.edu> tony@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Anthony Olejnik) writes:
|>I think its stands for Versa M????? Euro Bus (a cross between
|>a Versa (??) bus and an Euro (??) >Any help would be appreciated.
|
|According to a book on VME that I just got it stands for
|
|V M E
|e o u
|r d r
|a u o
|b l c
|u e a
|s s r

    Strange....  All the literature I have seen on the subject says that VME
stands for "Versa Modulo Europa"....  Just *where* did they say it was this
strange interpretation?

Randy Davis						UUCP: dell.dell.com!rjd