[sci.electronics] Solenoid valves, one last try.

rogerska@eplrx7.uucp (Allen Rogers) (02/21/90)

I am in dire need of a source of solenoid valves. I posted a request a short
time ago and didn't get any response so I thought I would try one more time.
I apologize for the repetition. I would prefer DC controlled valves for
household water pressures but I will go with an AC valve/relay combination
if necessary.

If anyone can point me in the right direction and/or give me names and numbers
of sources please send me email at rogerska%esvax@dupont.com .
If anyone else is interested let me know and I will forward anything info I
receive.

Thanks in advance,
Allen

Allen Rogers                    |   "You must not take life too seriously
rogerska%esvax@dupont.co        |   or you will never get out of it alive."
(302) 695-8329                  |

--
The UUCP Mailer

mac@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Myron A. Calhoun) (02/22/90)

In article <1990Feb20.160520.2246@eplrx7.uucp> rogerska@eplrx7.UUCP (Allen Rogers) writes:

>I am in dire need of a source of solenoid valves. I posted a request a short
>time ago and didn't get any response so I thought I would try one more time.
>I apologize for the repetition. I would prefer DC controlled valves for
>household water pressures but I will go with an AC valve/relay combination
>if necessary.

Visit your local hardware store and ask directions to the section
where they sell automatic sprinkler systems for lawn and garden.
I recall there are several companies who sell controllers and the
valves they control.  Even more vaguely (I installed such a system,
but I turn mine on/off manually because I'm a cheapskate!) I recall
the valves cost about $20 each and probably run on the no-special-
wiring-necessary voltage which is under 50 volts.
--Myron.
--
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Myron A. Calhoun, Ph.D. E.E.; Associate Professor   (913) 539-4448 home

dreyerd@pewter.ucs.indiana.edu (dan dreyer) (02/23/90)

Try W. W. Grainger.  They sell motors, pumps, fans, all kinds of
industrial supplies, including SOLENOID VALVES!  Main office is in
Chicago, with warehouses throughout the Free World.

grege@gold.GVG.TEK.COM (Gregory Ebert) (02/23/90)

In article <1990Feb20.160520.2246@eplrx7.uucp> rogerska@eplrx7.UUCP (Allen Rogers) writes:

>I am in dire need of a source of solenoid valves.

	Try using valves from a dishwasher or clothes washer. The local
	Sears or Monkey-Wards store should have a parts counter. You
	might have to get a model number from an appliance which is
	currently being sold in the store (easy). Occaisionally, some
	hardware stores have them. Be aware, though, that the flow rates
	are not very high.

ssy@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Kyler Laird) (02/23/90)

]
]>I am in dire need of a source of solenoid valves. I posted a request a short
]
]Visit your local hardware store and ask directions to the section
]where they sell automatic sprinkler systems for lawn and garden.

These systems will often have more than what you want (timer, etc.).  I have
seen several of the valves like you want at home on our heater/air conditioner -
it's a ground-water type.  So, try a heating/cooling place...

--kyler