[sci.electronics] audio delay ICs

swirsky@olivee.olivetti.com (Robert Swirsky) (02/22/90)

I need a audio delay between 10 and 30 milliseconds for a project I'm
building. Does anyone have experience with the various digital delay
and "bucket brigade" chips on the market.

I notice a few chips listed in IC Master: the Reticon RD5108, &c, but
am unable to locate a local source who will sell just one.

Also, I have no experience with these devices so any "applications
tips" would be appreciated.

I would imagine that there must be a number of such devices commonly
available since every "consumer grade" audio receiver seems to have
a delayed rear channel(s).

"All opinions are my own, and may not be those of my employer."

hobbit@topaz.rutgers.edu (*Hobbit*) (02/23/90)

Rat Shak used to sell the SAD-1024 and they don't anymore, but a while
back I dug one out of my closet and actually used it in a project.  Once
you provide it with the correct clocking and twiddle all the biases, it
works pretty well.  For decent-quality audio you'd want more stages,
since the clocking is down around 10 KHz on your "Gigantic concert
hall" setting.  The project I was doing only went to 300 Hz or so, so
it wasn't critical...

_H*

markz@ssc.UUCP (Mark Zenier) (02/24/90)

In article <55465@oliveb.olivetti.com>, swirsky@olivee.olivetti.com (Robert Swirsky) writes:
> I need a audio delay between 10 and 30 milliseconds for a project I'm
> building. Does anyone have experience with the various digital delay
> and "bucket brigade" chips on the market.

Digi-Key sells the Panasonic MN3000 series, and a databook.

markz@ssc.uucp