[sci.electronics] ON/OFF Remote-Control

reddy@uts.amdahl.com (T.S. Reddy) (02/24/90)

In article <362@mlacus.oz> eitan@mlacus.oz (Eitan Froumine) writes:

>I'm looking for a cheap remote-control (on/off) transmitter and
>receiver. Do you know where I can find such schematics?
>
>=== / == Eitan Froumine ======= Australian Centre for Unisys Software =========

     Radio Electronics of October 1989 carries an article on building a
remote-controlled A/B switch for switching between video sources. Essentially
the I-R receiver controls a high frequency relay which does the switching
between two video sources. You can replace the H-F relay with a ON-OFF
relay.
--
T.S.Reddy

Arpa: reddy@uts.amdahl.com
uucp:...!{ames,decwrl,uunet,pyramid,sun}!amdahl!reddy

eitan@mlacus.oz (Eitan Froumine) (02/24/90)

I'm looking for a cheap remote-control (on/off) transmitter and
receiver. Do you know where I can find such schematics?

--
   =  _    ___	_      _    =	___		    ___   = eitan@mlacus.oz{.au}
  =   /   /  /	/  /\__/   =   /__  . _/ _   _	   /__	 == Ph:  +61 3 823 1039

GRB100@psuvm.psu.edu (Temporal Software) (02/24/90)

A Fairly inexpensive remote-control unit can be found by checking back issues
of Radio Electronics or simply examining electronic books in a library. I
have found several such schematics. I believe that Radio Shack even has
a remote controlled switch.

                                                      Jerry B
-------
|   Temporal Software   | Offering both consulting| Gerald Broughton  |
|          &            | and tailored software   |GRB100@PSUVM.BITNET|
|      Consulting       | packages.               |GRB@PSUHCX.BITNET  |