[sci.electronics] Amiga Video Digitizer, teletype decoder.

snozer@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us (Dan Jasper Jalkut) (02/27/90)

             I have a friend who is very skilled at electronics and is looking
to make a video digitizer for his amiga.  NewTek takes care to fill their
digitizing component so as to prevent cloning.  Does anyone have a schematic
or an exceptional understanding of what it is you have to do to make this?

             Question #2,   does anyone have the schematic for a teletype(the
text that is sent through the part of the TV signal you can't see) decoder?
I have been told by people that they have seen such a thing in an old issue
of Radio Electronics.  If anyone has any info on this please tell me.

             Thanks for any help I might receive.  I would prefer to receive
any replies VIA mail because the feed here has been flaky, but I think others
may be interested in these things so it would be best if you could possibly
mail it to me and post it.  Thanks!

--Dan--
--

snozer@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us (Dan Jasper Jalkut) (02/28/90)

In article <1221@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us> paradox@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us (paul mozer) writes:
> (cut)
>plan is that once (if) you get the schematics, what about the software? If
>you plan to use existing software, the device would almost have to be an
>exact clone... I think that writing software for the teletype decoder would
>be less of a pain, but still considerable...
>
>--Paul

          Well, i don't think he would be able to make a program for the video
digitizer, but for the teletype decoder, it's supposed to be a device that
simply takes the output from the cable, and filters out the teletype, and
displays it on the TV, no software involved unless you wanted to make a fancy
subject filter and/or save things to disk.

--
|                                    Dan Jalkut
|                               Voice:408-423-6926
|    EMAIL: snozer@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us      snozer@splat.aptos.ca.us
|          snozer@cencom.santa-cruz.ca.us    snozer@hades.santa-cruz.ca.us  [m

paradox@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us (paul mozer) (03/01/90)

I thought you intended it for use with your computer...