[sci.electronics] Info on PE 64102

mollers.pad@nixpbe.uucp (Moellers) (03/15/90)

Hi,

In an Ethernet connection I am supposed to use a chip called PE64102.
The socket is marked "tr1" which could mean "Transceiver".

- What does this chip do?
- Who makes it?

Thanks In Advance
Josef Moellers				      |	c/o Nixdorf Computer AG
 USA: uunet!philabs!linus!nixbur!mollers.pad  |	Abt. DX-PC
!USA: mcvax!unido!nixpbe!mollers.pad	      |	Pontanusstr
Phone: (+49) 5251 146245		      |	D-4790 Paderborn

sehat@iit (Sehat Sutardja) (03/18/90)

In article <1361@nixpbe.UUCP>, mollers.pad@nixpbe.uucp (Moellers) writes:
> In an Ethernet connection I am supposed to use a chip called PE64102.
> The socket is marked "tr1" which could mean "Transceiver".
> - What does this chip do?
> - Who makes it?

The part you are referring to is a triple isolation transformer. Pulse
Engineering (San Diago) makes this part. Valor is another company that
makes equivalent transformers for the ethernet applications. Most of the
boards that I have seen before use Valor's transformers. I think they
might be cheaper. A guy that I know in another country also makes this
kind of transformers for a lot less.

--
Sehat Sutarja,

{decwrl!sun}!imagen!iit!sehat	| Integrated Information Tech.
sutarja@janus.Berkeley.EDU	| Santa Clara, CA. (408)-727-1885